Ready for School, Ready to Succeed Community Pilot Project
In September 2017, United Way and our community partners launched Ready for School, Ready to Succeed, a pilot project to prepare children academically and socially for kindergarten. The project employs early education liaisons. Their focus is through the lens of the school they work with to tailor approaches for school readiness. Research shows high-quality pre-K programs increase a child’s chances of succeeding in school.
As of October 2018, Ready for School, Ready to Succeed has had the following results:
- 1,146 individuals have participated in 114 workshops at our partner schools.
- 67 children were enrolled in affordable preschool programs.
- 159 students were registered for kindergarten for the 2018 school year because of this project.
- Download the Ready for School, Ready to Succeed Flyer
- Watch the Ready for School, Ready to Succeed Video
- Download the We Have a Story to Tell Piece