Administrative Assistant - Community Impact
Department: Community Impact
Reports To: Vice President of Community Impact
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-Time with core hours of Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Purpose of Position: Provide administrative support services to the Community Impact department.
Provide Administrative Support to Community Impact Staff
- Provide administrative support for volunteer committee meetings; assuming responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, distributing agenda and supplemental documentation.
- Prepare routine correspondence. Prepare and transcribe committee and staff meeting minutes as assigned.
- Maintain organized files, reports and updated agency accountability documentation to support the basic needs program.
- Coordinate department administrative requirements for document copy work, and distribution and mailings, including those which support the Money in Your Pocket (VITA) program.
- Provide support for the Volunteer Center with referrals, placements and community notification.
- Provide support for departmental and organizational special events/trainings, both prior to the event and on-site. Detail support for reservations, attendance, invitations, flyers, etc.
Collaboration with Organizational Staff
- Assist in establishing and implementing work flow priorities to increase efficiency in meeting departmental objectives and work quality.
- Serve as a member of the database user group for recommending system improvements.
- Assist in front desk coverage as back-up to the receptionist.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2-3 years administrative experience in a professional office environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience working with a database.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license.
The starting compensation for this position is $16.41 - $17.44 per hour, with a very generous benefit package.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org/job/administrative-assistant-community-impact-0
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
United Way of the Capital Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principle of diversity with both our employees and volunteers. We therefore:
- Value diversity in all aspects of United Way of the Capital Region activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or physically challenged individual.
- Support affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any other form of discrimination or harassment.